Assorted Paintbrushes Bubble Wrap Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the plate with 3 coats of Neon Yellow. Let dry.
3. Generously coat a large piece of bubble wrap - similar in size to the bisque plate - with Neon Orange. Once coated, immediately press the painted bubble wrap onto the plate surface, then lift to reveal texture! Repeat as desired, then allow paint to dry.
4. Once dry, use a water-based marker to sketch the animal design. Recreate the cheetah design using the provided template, or create your own fun animal design.
5. Use an assortment of underglaze colors to paint your animal design.
6. To recreate this project, paint the inner ears and the lower face shape - around the mouth and nose - with 3 coats of Neon Orange. Let dry.
7. Paint the outer area of the eyes with 3 coats of Neon Blue.
8. Fill in the mouth with 3 coats of Really Red.
9. Fill in the inner circle of each eye with 2-3 coats of Dark Black, leaving a small accent dot within each eye unpainted. Use the same color to fill in the nose shape.
10. Using a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Dark Black, outline and accent your animal design as desired. Let dry.
11. Using a small brush and Dark Black, transform the bubble wrap texture into cheetah print by adding accents around the scattered impressions. For a more natural look, vary the look of each accent mark.
12. Once complete, allow project to dry then dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.