Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Position a 4" Clear Transparent square in the center of a 10" White Opalescent square base. Secure in place with pinpoints of Elmer's Glue. Allow the glue to dry.
2. In the background area around the center square, use a black permanent marker to sketch a diagonal checkerboard pattern.
3. Use a plastic spoon to generously apply Peacock Green Opalescent Fine Frit along each intersecting line.
4. Within each diamond-shaped area, generously apply a border of Lemongrass Opalescent Medium Frit.
5. Fill in the center of each diamond shape with a Orange Opalescent Fine Frit.
6. Use an angled straw to overlay a thinner line of Medium Blue Opalescent Fine Frit along each Peacock Green line.
7. Use an angled straw to create an Ivory Opalescent Medium Frit border around each Orange Opalescent diamond.
8. Lightly sprinkle Ivory Opalescent Medium Frit in scattered areas of the project.
9. Use a paintbrush to brush off excess frit covering the center square.
10. Use small amounts of Glas Tac to secure frit in place.
11. Customize the project by using a detail or liner brush and Black Glassline paint to paint a monogram design on the center square. When using Black Glassline paint, ensure each brush stroke is thick and opaque when applied. If needed, apply an additional coat of paint once the initial coat has dried.
12. Allow project to dry, then contour fuse using the 5-segment firing schedule.