Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch out your patterns with a Sharpie. Tip: The most important thing to remember about building a patterned background is to create a level surface for your animal.
2. Build your background with black blocks or white strips. Lay your glass components on top of your pre-sketched blank and cut the pieces to fit into your sketch. Lay the pieces on your blank and secure with a small amount of Elmer's Gel Glue.
3. Once you have the large pieces of your pattern in place, fill in the spaces between with Medium Black or White Carolina Frit. You may choose to secure the frit with a quick spritz of Non-Aerosol hairspray. (We used White Rain) If not, place a small amount of glue on your blank and lay the frit over top.
4. For the argyle pattern, break Amazon Green Stringers between your fingers and place on top of your pattern.
5. To build your animals, sketch your design onto your Amazon Green Opal or Medium Blue Blocks. Score and break the glass, then place on your blank. Secure with a small amount of glue.
6. Embellish your animals with accents of Sunflower yellow, Medium Blue, and Amazon Green. To create the Owl's eyes and the stream of water for the Elephant, nip Rods into a nipping basket. Tip : To create coordinating projects, use just a few colors and alternate them on both pieces.
7. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.