Pattern Play Technique Sheet
|Try including simple, bold patterns behind your main warm glass design. This makes the owl and elephant pop off the piece with color!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Try including simple, bold patterns behind your main design. This makes the owl and elephant pop off the piece!
CF200M Medium White Carolina Frit
CF1009M Medium Black Carolina Frit
GBITS267-72 Sunflower Bit
GBLOC1009 Black Blocks
GBLOC226-74 Amazon Green Opal Blocks
GBLOC230-72 Medium Blue Opal Opaque Blocks
GBS6-100-Ice 6 In. Square Clear Ice Transparent
GP1009 Black Glass Pebble
GSTRIP200 White Strips
N56-96 Black Noodles
RO2672-96 Sunflower Opal Glass Rod
RO56-96 Black Rod
S2264-96 Amazon Green Opal Stringers
ST340 Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Elmer's Gel Glue
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Sketch out your patterns with a Sharpie. Tip: The most important thing to remember about building a patterned background is to create a level surface for your animal.
2. Build your background with black blocks or white strips. Lay your glass components on top of your pre-sketched blank and cut the pieces to fit into your sketch. Lay the pieces on your blank and secure with a small amount of Elmer's Gel Glue.
3. Once you have the large pieces of your pattern in place, fill in the spaces between with Medium Black or White Carolina Frit. You may choose to secure the frit with a quick spritz of Non-Aerosol hairspray. (We used White Rain) If not, place a small amount of glue on your blank and lay the frit over top.
4. For the argyle pattern, break Amazon Green Stringers between your fingers and place on top of your pattern.
5. To build your animals, sketch your design onto your Amazon Green Opal or Medium Blue Blocks. Score and break the glass, then place on your blank. Secure with a small amount of glue.
6. Embellish your animals with accents of Sunflower yellow, Medium Blue, and Amazon Green. To create the Owl's eyes and the stream of water for the Elephant, nip Rods into a nipping basket. Tip : To create coordinating projects, use just a few colors and alternate them on both pieces.
7. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |