Peaceful Blooms Technique Sheet
|Combine fun techniques to make this whimsical bisque platter. Learn about layering colors and adding texture, then carve your design using sgraffito.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Combine fun techniques to make this Peaceful Blooms Platter with whimsical blossoms. Learn about layering colors and adding texture, then carve your design using sgraffito, a traditional ceramic technique of carving into layers of color.
114 Rectangle Sushi Platter
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN244-8 Really White
FD258 French Dim. Pure White
PB26399 Pure Brilliance Glaze
R2850-4 Royal Aqualon Fan Brush No. 4
RAQUA-FILANG Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes with angled-end handle
9630 Detail Writer Bottles
9636 Medium Writer Tips
Pencil or Ball Point Pen
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Apply two coats of a wash of Bright Ginger using a Fan Brush. Let dry.
3. Apply Bright Briarwood using a crumpled Paper Towel. Mix in Black to add texture
4. Lay the design template on top of the platter and trace with a pencil bearing down to create an impression on the platter surface.
5. While your top coat is still damp, use the angled-end of an Aqualon Brush handle to gently carve into the impressions made in step 5 revealing the Bright Ginger beneath.
6. Use the Detail Writers to puddle Bright Caribbean, Bright Aqua and Really White to create blossoms. You can leave some blossoms unpainted.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 using the Peace Template and the angled-end of an Aqualon Brush handle to carve the word "peace" at the bottom corner of the platter.
8. Use French Dimensions Pure White to add dots around the letters, stems and blossoms.
9. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |