1" painters tape AS548 Mask 'n Peel Papertowels Pencil Ruler Sponge Straight Pin Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Place frame vertically and divide in half length wise. Place painter's tape down the middle.
3. Draw the silhouette of a flower all over the frame. Once drawn, fill in silhouettes with the mask 'n peel. Once mask is dried, apply two to three coats of Bright Caribbean.
4. When paint is still wet, put a straight pin underneath one edge of the mask. Peel off gently until all is removed.
5. Using Dark Honeysuckle, create the petals of the flowers. Once complete, accent on top with Dark Wine.
6. Remove painter's tape. Paint the stripe with two to three coats of Light Kiwi and let dry.
7. Using the Dark Black, paint the inner and outer edges of the frame. Create tiny dots as accents down the seams of the Light Kiwi.
8. Flip the Large Football tag-along to its flat surface side to use as an oval medallion. Using your pencil create a monogram on the medallion. Paint over using the Heirloom Silver. Dip the pencil eraser into Heirloom Silver. Dab half of the eraser onto the edge of the medallion to create a scalloped look. Repeat around the entire piece.