Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Paint Dotter Painter's Tape Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Place the Mini Mums template on the front surface of the piece, with the flower shapes extending beyond the top and bottom edges. Using painter's tape, tape the left and right side of the stencil onto the piece to ensure the stencil remains flat while painting.
3. Using a paint dotter, sponge the outer edges of each flower with Bright Tidepool. Then, sponge the middle section of each flower Dark Grape. Sponge the very center of each flower using Bright Salsa. Allow each of the colors to overlap somewhat.
4. Once the surface is dry, remove the stencil and painter's tape.
5. Paint the inside with 3 solid coats of Bright Salsa. Paint the top edge the same color. Let the piece dry.