Bisque Imports / Pop Art Burst! Technique Sheet
Pop Art Burst! Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
A new twist to an old favorite: pop art pointillism! Create comic-style dry-erase message boards using this classic dotted art technique.
Download the Technique Sheet PDF for more tips, techniques, and project info!
2315 Message Me
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS904-8 Strawberry Field
BLS919-8 Mermaid's Song
FD254 Black Licorice
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch and cut out a speech bubble shape - comic-style! - from contact paper. Remove the protective backing, then adhere to the plate surface.
3. Paint the top and bottom surface of the plate with 3 coats of Mermaid's Song. Let dry.
4. Once dry, use a Q-tip to add rows of Limelicious dots over the painted background area. Let dry.
5. Once dry, remove contact paper and paint the masked shape with 3 coats of Limoncello.
6. Use a Q-tip or the rounded end of a paintbrush handle to fill in the center shape with Apricot Stone dots.
7. Paint a border around the center shape with 3 coats of Strawberry Field. Let dry.
8. Once dry, apply Black Licorice around the Limoncello-painted shape to create a border. Once complete, allow project to dry completely.
9. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |