Acrylic Paint (optional) Latex Gloves Paintbrush (optional) Paper Towels Pencil Plastic Spoon (to mix grout) Q-Tips Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch 3 rounded poppies with stems on the project base with a pencil.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, adhere Black Smoothies to the center of each poppy.
3. Adhere Medium Red Smoothies to the remaining area of each poppy, around the Black center.
4. Adhere Persian Blue Smoothies to fill in the project background.
5. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS : 1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl. 2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency. 3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean. 4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
6. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.