Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere a strip of ¾" Art Tape around the bottom edge of the cup.
3. Paint the outer cup surface with 1 generous coat of Light Straw. Immediately after, overlay the cup surface with 1 coat of Bright Butternut. Use a clean, damp brush to blend the two colors.
4. Repeat step #3 two additional times to achieve full paint coverage.
5. In concentrated areas, add brushstroke streaks of Bright Papaya to the outside cup surface. Slightly blend in the color streaks with a damp brush. Allow paint to dry completely.
6. Paint the inside surface and rim of the cup with 2-3 coats of Bright Butternut. Let dry.
7. Pour a small amount of Light Taupe onto your palette. Slightly dilute the paint with a damp brush.
8. Remove the Art Tape from the bottom edge of the cup, then brush 1-2 coats of the Light Taupe color wash over the masked area. Let dry.
9. Use an Aqualon Script brush to add Bright Gray accent strokes around the bottom edge of the cup. Let dry.
10. Apply a small amount of Pure White onto your palette. Dip a Natural Sea Sponge into the French Dimensions paint, then sponge the color onto the inner and rim edge and along the top area of the cup. Concentrate more color along the top edge of the cup, then decrease application as you progress downwards to create a frothy look. Let dry.