Bisque Imports / Rainbow Swirl Technique Sheet
Rainbow Swirl Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create a one of a kind abstract design using this fun and easy marbleizing technique!
For step-by-step photos and additional project information, download the PDF!
2323 Coupe Bread Plate
CN033-8 Dark Butternut
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN502-8 Neon Blue
PB26398 Pure Brilliance Dipping Glaze
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch and cut out a block letter or silhouette shape design of your choice from contact paper. Remove the protective backing, then adhere to the plate center.
3. Using small squeeze bottles or writer bottles, dispense an assortment of paint colors of your choice directly onto the plate surface.
4. Lift up plate and slowly rotate the piece so that the paint begins to swirl, creating a marbled look. As you rotate, allow excess paint to drip off the plate surface.
TIP: For quick and easy clean up, place a disposable plate underneath underneath projects as you marbleize.
5. Allow project to dry completely, then gently remove the contact paper shape from the plate surface. Add additional designs to the shape design if desired.
6. Once complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |