Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Painter's Tape Scissors Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe each piece with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
Star Plate: 1. Use painter's tape to mask stripes across the plate surface.
2. Paint each unmasked area with 3 coats of Neon Red. Once dry, remove tape.
3. Paint the bottom of the plate with 3 coats of Light Nautical. Paint inside and around the rim with 3 coats of Dark Nautical. Set aside to dry.
Star Bowl: 1. Cut out a star from contact paper. Attach in the middle of the bowl.
2. Paint the inside with 3 coats of Bright Nautical. Once dry, remove the paper and fill in the star shape with 3 coats of Neon Red.
3. Paint a thick outline of the star with 3 coats of Dark Nautical and a thin brush.
4. On the outside of the bowl, use painter's tape to mask off an approx. 1" row along the top of the bowl. Fill in the area beneath the painter's tape with 3 coats of Neon Red. Let dry.
Twinkle Twinkle Bank: 1. Adhere a strip of painter's tape down the middle of the bank, slightly to the right.
2. Lay the stencil over the top area. With a sponge and Dark Nautical, sponge over the star pattern. Firmly hold in place as you sponge the design, then lift.
3. Remove the painter's tape and re-apply over the stars. Use strips of painter's tape to then create horizontal stripes across the remaining area.
4. Paint each unmasked stripe with 3 coats of Really Red. Let dry, then remove. 5. Paint the edges and back of the bank with 3 coats of Light Nautical. Let dry. Bootylicious: 1. Use 3 coats of Really Red to paint stripes along the back.
2". Fill in the heel area with 3 coats of Really Red.
3. Paint the front of the boot with 3 coats of Light Nautical. Use a detail brush and Dark Nautical to trace over the embossed overlay design.
4. Paint the spur with 3 coats of Bright Grey. Paint the sole, heel, and inside of the boot with 3 coats of Bright Brown.
6. Cut out stars from contact paper, and adhere to foot area of the boot.
7. Paint with 3 coats of Dark Nautical. Once dry, use a pin to carefully remove.
8. Paint the pullstraps with 3 coats of Dark Nautical.
9. Paint each side seam with 3 coats of Bright Briarwood. Use the same color to paint the roped shank (heel band).
12" Star Plaque: 1. Paint two neighboring points of the star with 3 coats of Dark Nautical. Use painter's tape, if needed, to create crisp edges.
2. Create polka dots with White French Dimensions on each Dark Nautical point.
3. For the remaining points, use painter's tape to mask every other section. Paint each unmasked area with 3 coats of Really Red. Once dry, remove.
8" Star Plaque: 1. Use painter's tape to mask off every other section of the star.
2. Paint one unmasked section with 3 coats of Bright Nautical. For the neigh- boring section, use 3 coats of Dark Nautical to fill in the area.
3. Of the three remaining sections, use 3 coats of Neon Red to fill in the center section and 3 coats of Really Red to fill in the remaining two other sections.
4. Once paint has dried, remove the painter's tape.
Once all pieces are completed, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.