Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Take a trip down memory lane to simpler days with this cute bank!
1205 Retro Lunchbox Bank
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN213-8 Dark Taupe
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN507-8 Neon Red
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using the provided template as a guide, sketch out the cassette tape design on the front surface of the bank.
3. With 3 coats of Bright Butternut, paint each small circle on the four corners, and along the bottom of the cassette. Use the same color to paint the bottom stripe running across the center, the two reels, and the window in between the tape wheels.
4. With 3 coats of Bright Caribbean, paint the background area of the label. With the same color and a detail brush, also paint the two lines within the title area.
5. Paint the top stripe in the cassette center, and the handle of the lunchbox bank, with 3 coats of Neon Red.
6. Paint the bottom center section of the cassette, around the Bright Butternut circles, with 3 coats of Bright Grey.
7. Paint the cover of the cassette, or the outer border area, with 3 coats of Dark Taupe, again painting around the Bright Butternut circles. Use the same color to paint the background area of the large rectangle in the center, around the reels and window.
8. Paint the two tape wheels in the center with 2-3 coats of Dark Black.
9. With a detail brush and Dark Black, paint thin markings around each tape reel. Use the same brush and color to paint the "A" next to the title line and its square border.
10. Overlaying the Bright Caribbean lines, use a pencil to sketch "mixtape" across the title area. With a detail brush and Dark Black, trace over the letters.
11. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to subtly accent and outline each section of the cassette tape.
12. To paint the top close buckle of the lunchbox by paint the center area with 3 coats of Bright Butternut, and the outer area with 2-3 coats of Dark Black.
13. Leaving the top and side surfaces of the lunchbox unpainted white, paint the backside with 3 coats of Dark Taupe. Let dy.
14. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.