Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Shaving Cream Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Dispense shaving cream onto a flat surface such as a paper plate. For our project, we smoothed the shaving cream with a small piece of cardboard create a flat surface. For a funkier look, you can leave the shaving cream as is.
3. Add Dark Delft, Bright Aqua, and Bright Sapphire directly on top of the shaving cream. Using the tapered end of a Royal Brush, gently swirl the paints into each other, being careful not to muddle the color.
4. Keep hold of the box bottom from the inside. Firmly press each flat outside surface into the shaving cream mixture. You may wish to twist the piece or repeat to add interest.
5. Using a small amount of water, gently rinse off the shaving cream to reveal your funky design. Be careful not to soak the bisque piece. Now, let your piece dry completely. Once dry, paint the rim on the box bottom with 3 coats of Bright Sapphire.
6. Paint the top surface of the box lid with 3 coats of Bright Sapphire. Paint the underside using 3 coats of Bright Grape.
7. With 3 coats of Neon Coral, paint dots near one corner on the lid.
8. Paint the body of your Wally Whale tot with 3 coats of Neon Coral.
9. With a detail brush, dot the eyes using Dark Black.
10. Use a detail brush and Bright Grape to paint small polka dots on the whale's body.
11. Using any French Dimensions as adhesive, attach your Wally Whale tot on the lid of the box. Press down firmly to ensure the tot is attached securely.
12. Finally, paint the inside of the box bottom with 3 coats of Bright Grape.