Room to Play Technique Sheet
|Kids (and kids at heart!) will love this Lego themed dry-erase message board to hang on their door or in their bedroom.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Kids (and kids at heart!) will love this Lego themed dry-erase message board to hang on their door or in their bedroom.
1847 Hanging Message Plaque
5710 Rectangle Bisque Block (2)
5711 Square Bisque Block (2)
8007 ⅛ Art Tape
8012 ¾" Art Tape
9591 Paint Dotter
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN502-8 Neon Blue
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
CN512-8 Green Apple
FD258 Pure White
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint each bisque blocks with 3 coats of color each using Bright Sapphire, Fruit Punch, Sunflower Yellow, and Green Apple. Set aside to dry.
3. Mask a large rectangle in the center of the plaque with strips of ¾" Art Tape. Create straight edges with scissors.
4. On the unmasked border area, use ⅛ Art Tape to separate the border into 1" squares and 2" rectangle shapes (to resemble lego shapes).
5. Alternate using 2-3 coats each of Bright Sapphire, Fruit Punch, Sunflower Yellow, and Green Apply to paint the different sections. Let dry.
6. Create the look of legos by using a small sponge dotter to add dots (1 dot for square shapes and 2 dots for rectangle shapes) within the colored sections. When creating the dots, use the same color as its respective section color and sponge on 2 coats. Let dry.
7. Sponge 1 coat of Really White over each dot to slightly lighten the color.
8. Using a slightly damp detail brush and Dark Black, lightly accent the sponged dots within each colored section. Let dry.
9. Once dry, remove all Art Tape from the plaque surface.
10. Along the top of the masked box, customize the plaque by sketching a saying or phrase of your choice. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
11. Use Pure White as adhesive to firmly attach each bisque block to the plaque surface.
12. Once complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |