Bisque Imports / Royal Treatment Technique Sheet
Royal Treatment Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Explore the creative possibilities with Cover-Coats! This line of underglaze allows for layering light over dark with ease!
2708 Providence Mug
CC151-2 Cover Coat Rose
CC180-2 Cover Coat Papago Turquoise
CC185-2 Cover Coat Apricot
CC192-2 Cover Coat Dark Blue
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint a thick slightly diagonal stripe down one side of the mug with 2-3 coats of Rose.
3. Paint the remaining outside area of the mug - including the handle - with 2-3 coats of Dark Blue.
4. Fill in the inside of the mug with 3 coats of Papago Turquoise.
5. Use scissors to cut out the elephant template image provided, or another silhouette image of your choice.
6. Once the paint on the mug's outside surface has dried completely, place the silhouette image against the surface and use a pencil to trace around the shape.
7. Fill in the silhouette with 3-4 coats of Apricot. Let dry.
8. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |