Bisque Imports / Rusty Spotted Faceted Dog Technique Sheet
Rusty Spotted Faceted Dog Technique Sheet
Designer: Bob Moreni
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Basecoat the dog with SS-127 Medium Portrait. Allow to dry!
- Using a Pencil, lightly sketch spots on the dog.
- Using a RB-118 #8 Round, apply 2 coats of SS-24 Chocolate Fudge to the spots. Allow to dry.
- Place the dog on a couple layers of paper towels.
- Apply 2 coats of MM-106 Steel Metallic to the spots on the dog. While the second coat is still wet, sprits the MM-106 Steel Metallic with a heavy coat of MM-305 Rapid Rust. Allow to dry.
- Drybrush the plain areas of the dog with SS-127 Medium Portrait eliminate the rust rips. Be carful not to get any of this color on the Rust spots.
- Drybrush the same areas with SS-45 Buttermilk then highlight with SS-135 White.
- Using a pencil, lightly sketch the eyes on the dog.
- Using a RB-100 #0 Detail Liner, apply SS-135 White to the whites of the eyes.
- Using a RB-100 #0 Detail Liner, apply SS-127 Medium Portrait to the iris of the eyes. Shade around the iris with SS-24 Chocolate Fudge.
- Using a RB-100 #0 Detail Liner, apply SS-138 Flat Black to the pupil of the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Using a RB-110 #10/0 Liner, outline the eyes with SS-138 Flat Black. Add a highlight of SS-135 White to the eyes. Allow to Dry!
- Apply 1-2 coats of AC502 Matte Sealer to the piece.
- Appy 2 coats of AC-501 Gloss Sealer to the eyes, nose and mouth of the dog.
- DO NOT FIRE!
- SS-24 Chocolate Fudge
- SS-45 Buttermilk
- SS-127 Medium Portrait
- SS-135 White
- MM-106 Steel Metallic
- MM-305 Rapid Rust
- RB-100 #0 Detail Liner
- RB-110 # 10/0 Detail Liner
- RB-118 #8 Round
- Basecoat Brush
- Assorted Dry Brushes
- AC-501 Gloss Sealer
- AC-502 Matte Sealer
- MM-600 Spritzer Caps
- Foam Plates
- Paper Towels
- Water Bowl