Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the bottom base with 3 coats of Light Brown.
3. While the final coat of Light Brown is still somewhat wet, using a Royal Aqualon Wisp Brush, paint in quick strokes a single coat of Earthen Moss on the base. Let dry.
4. Make stripes, using painter's tape, on the sides of the smaller shaker. Paint the area remaining using Light Blue Spruce. Once dry, remove the painter's tape.
5. On the smaller shaker, paint a small star near the bottom of the sail using Bright Nautical.
6. On the large shaker, using a pencil, sketch out 6 small triangles along the edge of the sail. Alternating between Light Blue Spruce and Bright Nautical, paint differently-sized stripes within each triangle shape. Using a detail brush, paint an Earthen Moss line connecting the triangles.
7. Using a detail brush and Earthen Moss, paint small spaced-out lines bordering each surface of the shakers.