Assorted Paintbrushes Liquid Dish Soap Saran Wrap (for easy clean-up) Small Cup Spoon Straw Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe each plate with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Bubble paint each plate design: In a small paper cup, mix equal parts liquid dish soap, Light Blue Spruce, and water. Stir until you see bubbles forming. With a straw, blow into the mixture, making sure the cup remains in an upright position. Allow bubbles to overflow onto the bisque surface. When the entire surface is covered, allow bubbles to pop on their own. Repeat as desired, then allow project to dry completely.
3. Using a square brush, paint the rim of each plate with 3 coats of Dark Papaya.
4. Using a square brush, add thick stripes along the rim of each plate using 3 coats of Bright Salsa.
5. On the Starfish Rim Plate, use a liner brush and 3 coats of Dark Papaya to fill in the embossed spine lines. Let dry.
6. Paint the silhouette shape design on each plate with 3 coats of Neon Coral. Let dry.
7. Use Pure White French Dimensions to add accent dots to each shape design, as desired.
8. Allow each plate to dry completely, then dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.