Acrylic Paint (optional) Decoupage (optional) Glue Stick Laminated or Printed Photo Latex Gloves Paintbrush or Foam Brush Paper Towels Plastic Spoon (to mix grout) Q-Tips Toothpick Scissors Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Attach your printed or laminated photo (approx. 3" square) to the mosaic base with a glue stick.
TIP: If using a printed photo, prevent ink from bleeding by decoupaging the photo to the base prior to adding mosaic tiles.
2. Using a toothpick to apply corner pinpoints of Weldbond to each tile, adhere an assortment of Clear tiles over the photo area.
3. Around the photo center, alternate adhering Medium Blue and Silver Glitter tiles - positioned like diamonds - to create the checkered border.
4. Fill in the remaining gaps around the project border with Orange Smoothies.
5. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS : 1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl. 2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency. 3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean. 4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
6. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.