Scented Oil Infuser Technique Sheet
|Create your own custom fused glass scented oil infuser, or pocket vase in just a few easy steps! People will be wondering which store you bought it at.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create your own custom fused glass scented oil infuser or pocket vase in just a few easy steps!
951 12" Tile
Clear Transparent Glass Slab
CN-MGM Mardi Gras Minis Transparent Confetti
GL06 Light Green Glassline Pen
GL23 Kelly Green Glassline Pen
SP-8238 GlasTac Gel 4 oz
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
ST551 1/8" Fiberfrax Paper
ST950 (17 gauge) High Temp Alloy Wire
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Position a sheet of Thinfire Paper onto the 12 In. Tile to create a portable fusing tile.
2. Sketch out a leaf and stem design onto a sheet of 1/8" Fiberfrax Paper. Use scissors to cut out each section of the design.
3. Paint the top surface of the stem shape and each cut leaf shape with 2 coats of Light Green Glassline paint.
4. Let the leaf designs dry, then position the fiber paper shapes onto the sheet of Thinfire Paper. Set aside.
5. Using a ruler, a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, and 1" Running Pliers to measure, score, and break a Clear Transparent Glass Slab into two 4" by 6" pieces of glass.
6. Position one of the cut glass pieces onto the tile over the fiber paper leaf design.
7. Use a paintbrush and Kelly Green Glassline paint to paint thin brushstrokes to create the veins of each leaf design. Let dry.
8. Sprinkle an assortment of Mardi Gras Minis Transparent Confetti over the glass base.
9. Cut out a 1" by 6" strip of 1/8" Fiberfrax Paper, and two 1" by 6" strips of Thinfire Paper Sandwich the Fiberfrax Paper strip in between the two Thinfire Paper strips, then position on the right side of the glass piece to create the pocket shape. Use pinpoints of GlasTac Gel to secure in place.
TIP: Allow the top end of the fiber paper pocket shape to stick out at the top. This will make it easier to remove the fiber paper after firing.
10. Cut two small pieces of High Temp Alloy Wire, and twist each piece into a teardrop-shaped loop. Secure at the top corners of the glass base, extended beyond the edge, with pinpoints of GlasTac Gel.
11. Cap project using the second piece of 4" x 6" Clear Transparent glass.
12. Full fuse project using the 6-segment firing schedule.
13. Once fired, remove and clean off all fiber paper residue. Add wire to hang!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |