Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Center the plate on the Decorating Wheel by holding a brush handle vertically against the plate's edge while spinning the Decorating Wheel. Make slight adjustments in the placement of the plate on the wheel until the plate stays at an even distance from brush.
3. Mix a few splashes of water into Bright Ginger to thin the color.
4. Dip the Fan Brush in Bright Ginger. Spin the plate on the Decorating Wheel at a medium, steady speed. Touch the brush down in the center of the plate and slowly work the color to the outer edge.
5. To easily spread bands of color, hold the Fan Brush in the direction the plate is spinning. Start in the center of the plate and slowly pull the brush to the edge, reloading with color as needed.
6. Using the same banding technique, apply Bright Caribbean to the rim of the plate painting over the embossed shapes.
7. While slowly spinning the plate on the Decorating Wheel, use an Aqualon Round #5 to apply 3 coats of Dark Delft to the edge of the rim.
8. Wipe Bright Caribbean off the embossed shapes using a damp sponge. Sponge lightly so the color stays in the recessed areas.
9. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.