Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wrap your Crystal Opal Art Blank inside a Foam Square. Lay upside down inside a low cardboard box and lightly tap with a Rubber Mallet. (Be careful! Hitting it too hard can cause too much shatter. Test your pressure on a scrap piece of glass first.)
2. Spread a thin layer of Glue all over your 8" Square White Blank. Carefully unwrap the shattered piece of Opal Art, making sure to not move the pieces around. Turn your blank over and press the glue against the shattered pieces, picking them up from the foam.
3. Turn your blank right side up, and arrange any stray pieces into place. Fill the spaces between with Clear Coarse Carolina Frit, allowing some to spill out onto the Opal Art. This will create the look of bubbles.
4. Sketch a small and large fish shape and two triangles onto your Orange Opal Opaque Blocks. Score and break the pieces, then adhere them to your blank with glue. Use the triangles for the fish tails.
5. Nip two Black Rod dots for eyes into a nipping basket.
6. Carefully break Red Opal Stringers between your fingers and lay into place on your fish tails.
7. Mimicking the shape of the larger fish, cut two small fins out of a clear block. Glue onto your fish, and decorate with Red Opal Stringers.
8. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.