Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Use a ruler and black permanent marker to measure out and mark multiple 2" long strips from Chambray, White, and Apple Jade Opalescent glass strips.
2. Use a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter to score each marker line. Break along each score with the Running Pliers.
3. Once all strips have been cut, alternate positioning the Chambray, White, and Apple Jade strips in a zig-zag or stairstep fashion diagonally across the 11" clear transparent base. See the template provided as a guide.
4. Maintain the same color pattern as you position the remaining strips in the same stairstep fashion to the right and left side of the initially positioned strips. As you work, allow strips to hang off the base edge.
5. Cut off any excess strip area hanging off the edge of the glass base. Work on one strip piece at a time as you mark the necessary cut-off line, remove from project base, score and break off the excess length, then re-positioned back onto the project base.
6. Secure each strip in place with pinpoints of Glas Tac. Allow the glue to dry completely.
7. Contour fuse using the Spectrum segment 6 firing schedule.
8. Once the project has been fired, slump in the Large Soft Slope Plate mold.