Bisque Imports / Sketchbook Flower Vase - Technique Sheet
Sketchbook Flower Vase - Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Ammie Williams
- The Sophia #542
- My Blue Heaven SC-45
- The Blues SC-31
- Tu Tu Tango SC-88
- Dandelion SC-24
- Rawhide SC-46
- Medium Square Brush
- Large Round Brush
- Small Round Brush
- Liner Brush
- Use a large round brush to paint 1-2 swishy coats of Rawhide on the outside and halfway down the inside of the vase. Let dry.
- Lightly sketch a grid on top of the Rawhide with a pencil. Use a liner brush to apply 2 coats of My Blue Heaven over the grid. Let dry.
- When the grid is dry, lightly sketch a case and a stalk of leaves. Use a small round brush to fill in the vase with 1 swishy coat of Dandelion.
- Fill in the leaves, stalk, and outline the vase using a liner brush loaded with Tu Tu Tango. Let dry.
- When the leaves are dry, use a liner brush dipped in The Blues to add veins to the leaves. It's okay if the veins are bigger than the leaf. It makes it quirky!
- Use the medium square brush dipped in The Blues to add stripes along the rim of the vase.
- Clear glaze and fire to cone 06.
Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF!