Black Sharpie Marker Ruler Scissors Toothpick Tweezers
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Use a ruler, Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, and 1" Running Pliers to score and break your choice of blue blocks into smaller square shapes.
2. Repeat step #1 to create equally sized square shapes from the White on Clear Mardi Gras Glass Slab.
3. For each small blue square base, cut out a small piece of High Temp Stamen Wire. Bend each piece into a loop, then position the wire loop in the top center of the glass base, extending slightly beyond the glass edge. Secure with a pinpoint of Glas Tac Gel.
4. Use scissors to create and cut out snowflake shapes from the 1/4" or 'Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº" Fiberfrax Paper. Choose the thickness of the fiber paper based on the desired thickness of your snowflake design. For added depth and details, layer pieces of fiber paper when creating your design.
5. Arrange the fiber paper snowflake cut-outs on the blue glass base, using pinpoints of GlasTac Gel to secure the shapes in place. Use tweezers if needed.
6. Cap each ornament project with a square piece of White on Clear Mardi Gras glass.
7. Full fuse using Spectrum's 6-segment firing schedule.