This gorgeous piece will look great in anyone's home! Place a candle behind it to give it a glow!
BS12-13-5333 Aqua on Clear Mardi Gras Glass Blank CF1009C Carolina Frit Black Coarse CF200-C Carolina Frit White Coarse GSTRIP110.8 Medium Amber Transparent Strips DGJ4 Jazzy Jars CN-05 White Opalescent Confetti
ST340 1" Running Pliers Elmer's Clear Glue Medicine cups ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter Q-tips ST340 Thinfire Paper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Score and cut three Grape Transparent Strips into 9 inch pieces. Place scrap to the side for later use. Score and cut another Grape Strip into a 10 inch piece.
2. Using the scraps from the strips, diagonally score and cut each piece in half to create branches. Arrange trees and branches into place and adhere with a small amount of clear gel glue. To create the look of depth, arrange trees at different heights on the blank.
3. Scatter White Opalescent Confetti along the bottom of the blank, making sure to overlap the tree bases to create the look of snow. The Confetti will shift during firing, so don't worry about gluing it into place!
4. Sprinkle Carolina Frit White Coarse sparingly across the blank to create a snowy effect. You may wish to add some Frit to the trees as well!
5. Select two pieces from the Jazzy Jar that you would like to use as a bird house. Using the Pistol Grip Glass Cutter and 1" Running Pliers, cut a small rectangle. This will be the base of the birdhouse. Cut a tiny triangle for the roof with the other patterned piece and secure the birdhouse in place with a small amount of clear gel glue. Tip : Specialty glass from the Jazzy Jar can be used as an upsell item for this project!
6. Glue down a small piece of Carolina Frit Black Coarse to create a hole for the house.
7. Let dry. Fire to Contour Fuse using Spectrum' Six Segment Firing Program.