This Soho Cool platter is sooooo fabulous! We love the elegant shaped paired with the organic design.
2309 Venice Platter CN331-8 Light Olive CN513-8 Deep Berry
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush Assorted Aqualon Brushes Pencil Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint three coats of Light Olive on the inside of the platter. Once dry, paint three coats of Deep Berry onto the back of the platter.
3. Using a pencil, start at the right point of the platter and sketch an arch. Continue to sketch two more arches about an inch apart from one another.
4. Next, sketch six small arches or humps touching the large arch. Add a scalloped outline over the small arches. Fill in the small arches with smaller arches.
5. Next, create two lines to create a spine in the middle of the platter that come to a tip at the end. Create little "legs" off the spine and add dime sized dots at the end of each "leg".
6. Around the edge of the platter, draw two lines. Create a scalloped edge on top of the outer most line in between the set of two lines, create small vertical lines around the inside.
7. Using a detail brush, go over all sketched lines in Deep Berry. Try to apply a thick amount of paint to allow the lines to be extra bold. Fill in large arch on the right side of the plate. Add tiny dots to accent as desired.
8. Once finished, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to cone 06.