Assorted Paintbrushes Liquid Dish Soap Saran Wrap (for easy clean-up) Small Cup Spoon Straw Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Bubble paint: In a small paper cup, mix equal parts liquid dish soap, Neon Blue, and water. Stir until you see bubbles forming. With a straw, blow into the mixture, making sure the cup remains in an upright position. Allow bubbles to overflow onto the bisque surface. When the entire surface is covered, allow bubbles to pop on their own. Repeat as desired, then allow project to dry completely.
3. Apply the handprint sideways across the plate center in Really Red.
4. Use a water-based marker to sketch your fish design.
5. Paint the fin with 3 coats of Neon Orange. Paint the lips with 3 coats of Neon Yellow. Then, paint the scale designs with Neon Orange and Neon Yellow.
6. Add round bubbles with 3 coats of Neon Blue.
7. Paint seaweed with 3 coats of Neon Green.
8. Fill in the eye with 3 coats of Neon Blue.
9. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to add details to the fin, to outline and accent the eye, and to outline the seaweed and bubbles. Let project dry completely.