Bisque Imports / Spread Your Wings Technique Sheet
Spread Your Wings Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Spread your creative wings and take flight with this shimmering ceramic mixed media butterfly plaque project, created using acrylic paints!
Download the Technique Sheet PDF for more tips and product info!
1857 Flying Butterfly Plaque
9599 Hydra Art Sponge
RAA-122 Primary Magenta 120 ml
RAA-136 Scarlet Lake Red 120 ml
RAA-145 Violet 120 ml
RAA-5108 Cadmium Yellow
SG880 Crystal Sparkler - 2 Ounce
SS330 Super Gloss Sealer Spray (optional)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Wipe bisque with a Hydra Art Sponge to remove any dust.
2. Use Primary Magenta to paint the bottom of the butterfly plaque and the outer wing sections. Allow piece to fully dry.
3. Paint the smaller, inner sections of each butterfly wing with Scarlet Lake Red. Allow time to dry.
4. Paint the raised lines on each butterfly wing using a liner brush and Cadmium Yellow.
TIP: To avoid streaky brushstrokes when using lighter shades of acrylic paints, paint 2-3 coats for best coverage.
5. Paint the body of the butterfly using Violet. Let dry.
6. For added shimmer to your project, paint 1 coat of Crystal Sparkler over the butterfly wings and let dry.
7. Once project is complete, allow paint to fully dry. For extra shine, spray your completed project with Super Gloss Sealer Spray in a well-ventilated area.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |