Bisque Imports / Spring Tree Technique Technique Sheet
Spring Tree Technique Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This amazing looking platter is super easy to create - even for the beginner artist. Let your creativity bloom with this project that is as versatile as it is fun. Enjoy tailoring this project for each season!
2518 Large Oval Rim Platter
CN021-8 Light Saffron
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN183-8 Dark Kiwi
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN343-8 Dark Pink
PB26399 Pure Brilliance Glaze
R2850-4 Royal Aqualon Fan Brush No. 4
RAQUA144 Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
9591 Paint Dotters
9630 Detail Writer Bottle
9636 Medium Writer Tip
R2700-3/4 Aqualon 3/4" Glaze/Wash Brush
Pencil or Ball Point Pen
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a Fan Brush to apply a wash of Light Saffron over the front of the platter.
3. Place template over the NCR Paper and center on platter. Trace with a pencil or ball point pen.
4. Brush on 2-3 coats of Bright Briarwood to create the tree trunk
5. Use various sizes of Paint Dotters to create colorful leaves and blossoms in the tree. Layer the colors for added interest. You can also use the end of the Paint Dotter's wooden handle to create smaller circles.
6. Add a few colorful dots around the base of the tree using the Paint Dotters.
7. Decorate the rim of the platter using Bright Saffron to create a monochromatic pattern. Use a Detail Writer Bottle with Medium Tip to create swirls or a 3/4" Aqualon Glaze/Wash Brush to create wide stripes.
8. Fill a Detail Writer Bottle with Medium Tip with Bright Briarwood and add lettering on the rim to personalize the platter.
9. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
| || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |