Bisque Imports / Stained Glass Art Technique Sheet
Stained Glass Art Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create a glass "mosaic" by filling a blank with Buffalo Chips. Then, fill in or "grout" the spaces between chips with fine Black frit. The result? A mosaic stained glass masterpiece!
Download the Technique Sheet PDF for more tips, techniques, and project info!
BC-20-ASST-O Buffalo Chip Assortment (Opal)
CF-20-1009S-F-F Black Opalescent Frit - Fine
4GBS-6-100S-ICE-F 6 In. Square Clear Ice Transparent
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Black Sharpie Marker
Elmer's Clear Gel Glue
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch your shape design on the 6" clear base with a black Sharpie marker.
2. Fill in the shape design with an assortment of Transparent Buffalo Chips.
TIP: As you work, use pinpoints of Elmer's Clear Gel Glue to glue each Buffalo Chip to the clear base.
3. Allow project to dry, then use a spoon and fine Black Opalescent frit to fill in or "grout" the spaces between chips and around the shape outline.
4. Use a small paintbrush to lightly brush off excess frit on the Buffalo Chip surfaces and in the background area around the project shape.
5. Lightly spritz project with hairspray to secure frit in place. Allow project to dry.
6. Write the camper's name with a Silver Sharpie on the Thinfire Paper. Position completed project on the Thinfire and transfer to kiln. Full fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |