Assorted Paintbrushes Scissors Small Pin or Paper Clip Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch your word art design on the bisque tile with a water-based marker. A simple word, name, shape or monogram works best within the tile space.
3. Use an assortment of Art Tape and Decorative Stickies of your choice to firmly attach over the sketched design and in the background area. Use scissors to create crisp tape edges or to cut stickers into smaller shapes.
4. Paint concentric bursts of colors using 3-4 coats each of Neon Yellow in the center, then Neon Orange, Bright Aqua, and Bright Purple to create the look of tie-dye. Or, create your own fun design or pattern! Allow paint to dry in between coats. Let project dry completely.
5. Using a small pin or the tip of a paper Clip, gently remove the Art Tape and Stickies from the bisque surface.
TIP: Use the tapered end of a paintbrush to scratch off any excess paint that may have seeped under the tape or stickers while painting.
6. Once complete, dip project in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.