Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
If you dream of summer days, you’re not alone! This project will hold you over until sunny days are here again!
D27167 Mini Tic Tac Toe Set
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN123-8 Dark Nautical
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN191-8 Light Ivy
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN502-8 Neon Blue
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN506-8 Neon Coral
CN507-8 Neon Red
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Transfer Paper (if needed)
Pen or Pencil
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the tic-tac-toe board with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce. Let dry.
3. Squirt enough shaving cream to fully cover your project onto a flat and easy-to-clean surface. Flatten the shaving cream with a squeegee.
4. Add Neon Blue and Bright Nautical directly on top of the shaving cream. Swirl the glaze a bit, as if you were making marble cake.
5. Press the top surface of the tic-tac-toe board onto the shaving cream and glaze and twist it a little bit.
6. Rinse the shaving cream off of the frame over the sink. Let dry.
7. Using the picture as a guide, sketch each small image using a pencil onto the surface of an "X' or "O" game piece. On the "X's," sketch one of the following: an umbrella, a lifeguard "X" symbol, a sun, or a starfish. On the "O's," sketch one of the following: an anchor, a crab, a fish, a sea shell, or a beach ball. TIP: If needed, use transfer paper to transfer each image to its respective game piece. Simply place the image on top of the transfer paper, position the image onto the game piece, and trace firmly over the template image with a pen. Lift up the transfer paper and template print-out to reveal the outline of your image on the surface of the game piece.
8. Paint the anchor using a detail brush and Dark Nautical. Paint open circles extending around the anchor to create the chain.
9. Paint the crab with 3 coats of Neon Red, then use a detail brush and Black to paint 2 small eyes in between the pincers and on top of the head.
10. Paint a beach ball with curved stripes on the outside circle using a color combination of Dark Honeysuckle, Neon Red, Neon Orange, Bright Grape, Dark Nautical, Light Ivy, and Bright Butternut.
11. Paint the large flared area of the shell with 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle. Paint the base with 3 coats of Bright Grape. Outline and accent with black.
12. Paint an off-center starfish with 3 coats of Neon Orange. Then, paint dots along each 'Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¹Ãƒâ€¦"arm' of the starfish using Dark Nautical.
13. Paint a thick, Neon Red X.
14. Paint every other section of the umbrella with 3 coats of Light Ivy. Outline this section using a detail brush and Dark Nautical. Paint the stand Black.
15. Fill in the body of the fish with 3 coats of Bright Grape, leaving the fins white. Then, with a detail brush and Black, outline and accent the fish.
16. Paint the center circle with 3 coats of Bright Butternut. Paint 2 outward-facing triangles on each corner of the "X."
17. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.