Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Need a little boost of sunshine? This darling vase has everything you need to turn your day around. Just add flowers!
718 Greek Vase
BLS901-8 Sunny Tuscany
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS903-8 Pumpkin Head
BLS904-8 Strawberry Field
BLS912-8 Golden Pinkini
BLS919-8 Mermaid's Song
BLS921-8 Mad Hatter
BLS933-8 Lady Lilly
BLS941-8 Baby Blue
HCO610 Filigrana/Detail Bottle 16 oz
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the entire vase with 3 coats of Baby Blue. Let dry.
3. Apply Filigrana to the vase using a detail writer bottle to create the flower garden design. See provided template. Let dry.
TIP : To use Filigrana, shake well before use. Thin with a small amount of water, if necessary.
4. Fill in the various leaf shapes using Limelicious, Mad Hatter, and Mermaid's Song. To fill in each area, apply a drop of paint to area, slightly dampen paintbrush in water, then use the damp brush to spread color until area is filled. A watercolor look will result. Repeat this technique to fill in all colored areas.
5. Using a color combination of Sunny Tuscany, Apricot Stone, Pumpkin Head, Strawberry Field, Golden Pinkini, Nirvana, Lady Lilly, Arazmatazz, Fiorentina, and Chartreuse, fill in the various flower designs.
6. Allow paint to dry completely.
7. Once completed, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to cone 06.