Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the face of the sun with 3-4 coats of Fuchsia Razzle Dazzle.
3. Paint each of the eyes with 3-4 coats of Blue Cosmos.
4. Paint the forehead area of the sun face with 3-4 coats of Sea Spray.
5. Paint the embossed line across the forehead with 3-4 coats of Deep Blue Sea. Once dry, paint over the section with 1 coat of Dusty Clear.
6. Paint each smaller sun ray with 3-4 coats of Midas Gold. Let dry.
7. For each larger sun ray, paint the bottom half - bordering the sun face - with 1 coat of Amber Sparks. Paint the remaining outer half and edges with 1 coat of Raspberry Delight. Blend the two colors where they meet using a damp brush. Repeat 3 additional times to achieve 4 blended coats on each large sun ray. Let dry. .
8. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.