Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Black Ultra-fine Sharpie Dice Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Pie Face Dice Game : Roll one dice 4 times. The first roll number determines your pie face's eyes, the second determines your pie face's mouth, the third your pie's first topping, and the fourth determines your pie's second topping. Mix n' match using the templates provided to make your own unique pie face!
1. Play the dice game to determine the eyes, mouth, and toppings of your pie face. See the template provided for the unique pie face used in this project.
2. Paint the plate surface with 3 coats of Light Ginger. Let dry.
3. Lightly sponge the pie crust with Bright Brown.
4. Use the same color and sponge to sponge a Bright Brown crosshatch pattern across the plate surface. Allow paint to dry completely.
5. Using a fine black Sharpie, sketch out each part of your pie face onto the plate surface. See the template provided for the unique pie face used in this project.
6. For this project, we first used 3-4 coats of Really White to paint the eyes.
7. Paint the tongue with 3 coats of Really Red.
8. With 2-3 coats of Dark Black, fill in the center of the eyes. Use the same color and a detail brush to outline and accent the eyes and mouth.
9. Fill in the cherries with 3 coats of Fruit Punch. Use 3 coats of Green Apple to fill in the leaf, then Dark Black to outline the stem, cherries, and leaf.
10. Using a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Bright Briarwood, paint the chocolate drizzle line. Let dry.