Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the center of the plate with 3 coats of Green Apple. Let dry.
3. Once dry, dip a paint dotter into Bright Caribbean, then use the dotter to sponge polka dots in the plate center. Let dry.
4. Paint Santa's face with 3 coats of Light Ginger.
5. Add Bright Caribbean dots to each eye with a detail brush.
6. Paint Santa's nose and mouth with a detail brush and Dark Honeysuckle.
7. Paint the Santa's hat rim and gloves with 3 coats of Light Sapphire.
8. Use 3 coats of Fruit Punch to paint Santa's hat and sleeves. Use the same color to paint the stripes on the candy cane.
9. Paint the remaining area of the plate rim with 3 coats of Neon Red. Let dry.
10. Use a water-based marker to lightly sketch "Cookies for Santa" in the center of the plate.
11. Position the snowflake silk screen design over the two o's in "Cookies." Apply a small amount of Black Licorice to your palette, dip your finger into the paint, then dab your finger over two snowflake designs. Lift the silkscreen to reveal silk screened design. Allow the first snowflake design to dry before silk screening the second snowflake.
12. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to add strings attached to each snowflake, if desired. Use the same color and brush to trace over the remaining letters. Let dry.