Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Pour out all colors except Dark Black on your palette.
2. Use large shader brush to thin a small amount of Light Ginger and brush it around the face of the stump, following the oval shape.
3. Repeat with the Bright Ginger and the Dark ginger. Do not try to cover in three layers, it's all about multiple thin layers.
4. Use a medium round brush to add circular outlines with Bright Brown and Light Brown. Vary the space between the circles and switch between the two colors to add dimension.
5. Add "teeth" to the circular lines for more texture.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 to add depth.
7. Use a liner brush to add thin circular lines around the face ofthe stump with Dark Taupe.
8. Add highlights of Light Taupe. Use all three brushes to add more dimensions.
9. Use a large shader brush to paint the edges of the stump with Light, Bright, and Dark Ginger in patches. Make sure the bisque is completely covered.
10. When the edges have dried. Double load your brush with Light Taupe and Dark Taupe and lightly brush the edges. Do not press hard-the goal is to just paint the high points of the trunk texture so that you can see the Gingers below.
11. Use a liner brush to fill in the letters with Dark Black.