Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pencil Painter's Tape Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Place the large concentric circle template in the center of the pan. Trace the outside using a pencil. Around this circle, sketch out simple, funky house images. Add small trees or flowers in between each house.
3. Use a detail brush and a color combination of Dark Wine, Bright Wintergreen, Dark Purple, Bright Ginger, and Dark Honeysuckle to outline and accent each of the houses, trees, and flowers.
4. Place the medium-sized concentric circle template in the center of the pan. Use painter's tape to tape the inside of the circle so that it keeps its place. Using a textured sponge, sponge lightly outside the circle template with Bright Wintergreen.
5. With a pencil, sketch out the words "A Mother Makes a House a Home" in the center of the pan, within the circle. For the "o" in "Home," sketch a small heart. Use a detail brush and Bright Briarwood to trace over the words. Paint the heart in "Home" using a detail brush and Dark Wine.
6. Paint the rim and outside of the pie pan using Dark Honeysuckle.