Bisque Imports / Three Little Birds Technique Sheet
Three Little Birds Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create these sweet birdy dishes using the vibrant colors of Colorobbia Bellissimo glazes!
783 Medium Birdy Dish
784 Big Birdy Dish
2352 Little Birdy Dish
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS928-8 Blue Lagoon
BLS946-8 Orange Sherbet
FD258 Pure White
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS All Dishes: 1. Lightly wipe each piece with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch and cut out a heart-shaped wing for each birdy dish (in proportion to its size) from contact paper. Once cut, remove protective backing and adhere to each dish surface.
Little Birdy Dish : 1. Paint the entire dish surface with 3 coats of Lime, then allow paint to dry completely.
Medium Birdy Dish : 1. Paint the entire dish surface with 3 coats of Blue Lagoon, then allow paint to dry completely.
Big Birdy Dish : 1. Paint the entire dish surface with 3 coats of Tomato, then allow paint to dry completely.
All Dishes : 1. Once base coat is dry, remove the contact paper wing shape from each dish.
2. Fill in the wing shapes with 3 coats of Orange Sherbert.
3. Using a detail brush and Saphira, add small dash marks along the border of each dish.
4. Paint the eye designs on each dish using a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Black Swan. Let dry.
5. Use Pure White French Dimensions to outline and accent each wing shape.
6. Once each piece is completed, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image!
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF!