Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This adorable Easter platter will instantly become a favorite in your store.
502 Egg Tray
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN033-8 Dark Butternut
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN272-8 Bright Jade
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN502-8 Neon Blue
CN506-8 Neon Coral
CN517-8 Purple Sprinkles
CN521-8 Kiwi Sprinkles
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use the template provided and a pencil to sketch the bodies of 3 owls, 2 chicks, and 2 bunnies inside the egg spaces.
3. Paint each owl body with either Bright Jade, Dark Honeysuckle, or Neon Blue. Paint the ears of each owl with the same color used for its body. Let dry.
4. Paint the owl beaks with 3 coats of Light Coral.
5. Paint the wings and stomach of each owl with 3 coats of either Bright Jade, Dark Honeysuckle, or Neon Blue.
6. With a detail brush and Bright Butternut, paint 3 small dots for each owl foot.
7. Paint each chick body with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
8. Paint each beak with 3 coats of Bright Salsa. Use the same color to paint the feet.
9. On the cheeks of each chick, paint a small circle with Dark Honeysuckle.
10. Paint the inner portion of each bunny ear with 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle. Use the same color to paint each nose, and also 3 small dots for each foot.
11. With a detail brush and Dark Black, outline each bunny. Add whiskers. Then, paint 2 Dark Black dots as the eyes.
12. With a detail brush and Dark Black, outline each chick. Paint 2 small dots for the eyes in the same color.
13. With a detail brush and Dark Black, outline the body, wings, ears, and eyes of each owl. Paint the eye details as well.
14. On the stomach of one owl, use Dark Black and a detail brush to paint ruffled stripes. On the wings of another owl, do the same. Then, on the third owl, paint small dots on the stomach. Let dry.
15. Paint the remaining egg spaces with 3 coats of Purple Sprinkles. Once dry, paint polka dots in Neon Coral.
16. With a textured sponge, sponge the center of the tray with Kiwi Sprinkles.
17. Fill the rim of the tray with small flowers painted in Dark Butternut and Dark Honeysuckle.
18. With a pencil, sketch "Color Me Happy" in the center of the tray. With a detail brush and Neon Coral, trace over the words. Let dry.
19. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.