Tree huggers unite! Happy campers will love letting their creativity bloom with this woodland project.
For step-by-step photos and additional project information, download the PDF!
CF220.76M-20 Dark Green Opalescent Frit - Medium CF223.72F-20 Turquoise Green Opalescent Frit - Fine (coming soon) CF-20-226-74S-F-M Amazon Green Opalescent Frit - Medium CF-20-260-72S-F-C Yellow Opalescent Frit - Coarse 4GBS-4-100S-ICE-F 4 In. Square Clear Ice Transparent 20GSTRIPS-211-76S-F Chocolate Brown Opalescent Strips S56-96 Black Opalescent Stringers (coming soon) ST356 Wheel Mosaic Nipper ST540 Thinfire Paper
Black Sharpie Marker Elmer's Clear Glue Hairspray Small Paintbrush Spoon Toothpick
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Use a Wheel Mosaic Nipper to nip a Chocolate Brown Opal Strip into 4 tree trunk pieces. Position onto the 4" glass base with pinpoints of Elmer's Clear Gel Glue.
2. Fill in the middle section of the project with fine Turquoise Green Opal Frit to create the sky background. Brush off excess frit from each tree trunk with a paintbrush.
3. Fill in the area along the tree tops with coarse Yellow Opal Frit and medium Amazon Green Opal Frit.
4. Cover the bottom edge with medium Dark Green Opal Frit.
5. Lightly spritz project with hairspray to secure frit in place.
6. Use your hands to break off small Black Opal Stringer pieces. Use pinpoints of Elmer's Glue to attach stringer pieces to each tree trunk.
7. Position completed project on the Thinfire and transfer to kiln. Contour fuse using the firing schedule provided in the PDF download.