Bisque Imports / Tree-mendous Technique Sheet
Tree-mendous Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Decorate your holiday tree with these adorable ornaments featuring two super easy fused glass techniques.
Opalescent Coarse Frit - Assorted
Opalescent Green Blocks - Assorted
CF-8-200S-F-F White Opalescent Frit - Fine
CF-8-200S-F-M White Opalescent Frit - Medium
CF-8-230-72S-F -F Medium Blue Opalescent Frit - Fine
6GBLOCKS-60-726-F Apple Jade Opalescent Blocks
GBS-4x6-100-ICE Ice Clear Sheet Glass - 4" X 6"
20GSTRIPS-200S-F White Opalescent Strips
SP-8234 Glas Tac
SP-8236 GlasTac Gel
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Nipper
ST952 (24 Gauge) High Temp Stamen Wire
Black Sharpie Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Before beginning, use a ruler, Pistol Grip Glass Cutter and 1" Running Pliers to measure, score, and break the 4" x 6" glass black in half.
Textured Tree Ornament : 1. Use a ruler and a black Sharpie to measure and sketch a triangle shape on the Apple Jade block.
2. Use a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter and 1" Running Pliers to score and cut out the triangle tree shape.
3. Use scissors to cut a small piece of High Temp Stamen Wire. Bend the wire piece into a loop.
4. Position the wire loop in the top center of the ornament, extending slightly beyond the glass edge.
5. Secure the triangle cut out to one of the clear bases - over the wire loop - with pinpoints of GlasTac Gel glue.
6. Use the Wheel Mosaic Nipper to nip a small rectangle piece from the White Opalescent strip. Secure to the base of the tree shape with GlasTac Gel glue.
7. Using the Wheel Mosaic Nipper, nip very small odd-cuts shapes from the assortment of green opalescent blocks and the White Opalescent strip.
8. Using tweezers if needed, apply a layer of small, Apple Jade nipped pieces to fill the triangle tree area. Secure with pinpoints of GlasTac.
9. Layer 1-2 additional layers onto the tree shape using the full assortment of colored nipped pieces. Secure with GlasTac.
10. Sprinkle fine and medium White Opalescent frit over the ornament surface. Sprinkle a small amount of fine Medium Blue frit in the background areas.
11. Spritz project lightly with hairspray to secure frit in place.
Striped Tree Ornament : 1. Use a ruler and a black Sharpie to draw a triangle shape on the second glass base.
2. Use a ruler, Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, and 1" Running Pliers to create strips of varying lengths to fill in the sketched triangle shape. Secure each strip in place with pinpoints of GlasTac Gel.
3. Cut a position a small High Temp Stamen Wire look underneath the top strip, extending slightly off the glass edge.
4. Use the Wheel Mosaic Nipper to nip a small rectangle piece from the White Opalescent strip. Secure to the base of the tree shape with GlasTac Gel glue.
5. Sprinkle fine and medium White Opalescent frit over the ornament surface. Sprinkle a small amount of fine Medium Blue frit in the background areas.
6. Position opalescent coarse frit piece to create ornament shapes on the striped tree shape.
7. Spritz project lightly with hairspray to secure frit in place.
Once complete, tack or contour fuse each project using Spectrum's 6-segment firing schedule.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |