Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Painter's Tape Pencil Scissors Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a pencil to sketch horizontal wavy stripes extending around the outside of the mug.
3. Fill in the bottommost section with 3 coats of Apricot. In an upward direction, fill in the remaining wavy stripes with 3 coats each of Bright Green, Dark Blue, Rose, and near the top edge, Black Brown.
4. With 2-3 coats of Black Brown, paint the inside surface and handle of the mug.
5. Use scissors to cut out the elephant silhouette image provided, or another silhouette shape of your choice.
6. Once the paint on the outside surface of the mug has dried, place the silhouette cut-out on the surface of the mug and use a pencil to trace around the image.
7. Use the Duncan Stylus Tool to sgraffito the sketched silhouette outline. Go over the traced outline more than once if needed to create a crisp white outline.
8. Again using the Stylus Tool, create a thicker, more prominent outline of the image around the thin original outline.