Bisque Imports / Tweety Dish Technique Sheet
Tweety Dish Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Say goodbye to streaky results, and say hello to your new favorite glaze line: Engobes!
2746 Tweety Dish
HCO-612 Mandarin Orange
HCO-672 Royal Blue
HCO-677 Mediterranean Blue
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. In the left section of the dish, with a waterbased marker, sketch a line separating the bird's head and body area.
3. Sketch rows of scale-like feather designs in the body area with a waterbased marker.
4. Fill in the head area with 2 coats of Sunburst.
5. Alternate using 2 coats of Mandarin Orange and Mediterranean Blue to paint the feathers on the body.
6. Fill in the feather (right) section of the dish with 2 coats of Mediterranean Blue.
7. Using a detail brush and 2-3 coats of White, add accent lines to the right feather section of the dish. Use the same color to outline the feathers on the body design.
8. Paint the inner and outer edges of the dish, as well as the bottom surface of the dish, with 2 coats of Royal Blue.
9. Dip completed project in clear glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |