Bisque Imports / Umbrellas on the Beach Technique Sheet
Umbrellas on the Beach Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This amazing looking platter is super easy to create - even for the beginner artist. Let your creativity unfold with this project that is as colorful as it is fun.
187 Centerpiece Platter
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN514-8 Straw Sprinkles
CN515-8 Neon Orange Sprinkles
CN516-8 Really Red Sprinkles
CN517-8 Purple Sprinkles
CN520-8 Caribbean Sprinkles
CN521-8 Kiwi Sprinkles
CN523-8 Ginger Sprinkles
PB26399 Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze
SG1400 Soft Grip White Blending Mop
SG150-8 Royal Soft Grip Shader #8
Assorted Royal Aqualon Round Brushes
1" Sponge Brush
9630 Detail Writer Bottle
9636 Medium Writer Tip
Pencil or Ball Point Pen
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch the shoreline on the bisque platter using a pencil or ball point pen
3. Trace umbrella templates onto Contact Paper with a Permanent Marker and cut out each shape. Apply contact paper shapes to bisque platter to mask while painting background.
4. Brush on a wash of Bright Sapphire for the ocean/sky. You may wish to go darker at the top or bottom to make your sky and ocean slightly different colors.
5. Apply 3 coats of Ginger Sprinkles for the sand. Use short brush strokes to evenly spread the sprinkles.
6. Remove the umbrella masks with a straight pin and sketch patterns for each umbrella using a pencil or ball point pen. Use the colors provided to paint the umbrella designs.
7. Use a Detail Writer Bottle and Medium Writer Tip filled with Dark Black to add umbrella poles and outline the design.
8. Complete your design, by decorating the rim of the platter using a 1" Sponge Brush and/or Detail Writer Bottle.
9. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |