Bisque Imports / Under the Sea Mug Technique Sheet
Under the Sea Mug Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Seas the day with this cute mug design. This mug will be an insta-classic piece year-round!
404 Under the Sea Mug
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN052-8 Bright Tangerine
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN282-8 Bright Brown
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN512-8 Green Apple
RAQUA202 Aqualon Wisp Flat Brush
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the outside mug surface with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce, then let dry.
3. Use 3 coats of Green Apple to paint every other seaweed bushel. Once dry, paint the remaining seaweed bushels with 3 coats of Bright Kiwi.
4. Accent the bottom rim of the mug with wispy brushstrokes using a Wisp Flat brush and Bright Kiwi.
5. Paint the starfish with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
6. Paint one shell with 3 coats of Bright Honeysuckle, and the second shell with 3 coats of Bright Tangerine.
7. Add bubbles in scattered places using a detail brush and Bright Sapphire.
8. Paint the handle of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Brown.
9. Paint the inside surface of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Sapphire. Let dry.
10. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |