The Up, Up, and Away project teaches Detail Writer techniques while creating a fun plate with Airplane hooks. This project can be adapted to fit your studio or school classroom. Use a different plate, Mighty Tot or add a slogan to make the theme appealing to your customers or students.
9630 Detail Writer Bottles 9636 Medium Writer Bottle Tip 9637 Large Writer Bottle Tip RD60 Sponge Stippler Transfer Paper Large Fan Brush
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Prepare Bisque - Clean bisque with a sponge and water.
2. Apply Prep Coat-Use the Large Fan Brush to apply a thin coat of Bright Aqua on top of the Athena Plate (Adding a base boat will make the Detail Writers easier to use.)
3. Paint Clouds-Add happy clouds using the French Dimensions Pure White. Apply the French Dimensions with a Paint Dotter for added texture.
4. Add Details-Use a Detail Writer with a Medium Tip to add the Bright Delft swirls close to where you will position the Bisque Bomber Mighty Tots.
5. Paint Mighty Tots-Use a Detail Writer filled with the color of your choice to paint each Bisque Bomber Mighty Tot. Use a Large Writer Bottle Tip to fill in large areas of color. Use a Medium Tip to add details.
6. Glaze and Fire - Glaze each Bisque Bomber separately then set on glazed Athena Plate in the kiln so the pieces will fuse together (You can also use French Dimensions to temporarily hold the Dolphin Hooks in place before firing).