Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Toilet Paper Roll Toothbrush Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Mix 1 part Bright Grape to 2 parts Really White. Use this color to paint the outside and rim of the vase.
3. Dip a toothbrush into Bright Grape. Using your thumb to flick the paint off of the bristles, speckle paint the inside of the vase. Repeat with Dark Honeysuckle.
4. Fold and bend a toilet paper roll to form a simple heart shape. Dip one end into Dark Honeysuckle. Use this like a stamp to create heart shapes on the outside of the vase. Repeat with Really Red using the other end of the toilet paper roll.
5. With a pencil, sketch out "For my sweetheart" near the rim of the vase. With a detail brush and Bright Grape, trace over the letters. Let dry.