Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the ornament with 3 coats of Light Pink. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Cut out the letter silk screen of your choice, leaving a wide border around the screen image. Position onto the center of the ornament, then use 'Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape to secure the screen to the bisque surface.
4. Pour a quarter-sized amount of Bright Honeysuckle onto your palette. Add a pinch of Glaze Thickening powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until you reach a peanut butter consistency.
5. Dip your finger in the thickened underglaze color, and rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
6. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Allow paint to dry. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
7. Use a water-based marker to gently sketch the name or personalized saying of your choice on the ornament. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over each letter.
8. Around the border of the heart, use the EZ-Dotz applicator tool to add Light Sapphire dots. Leave space in between each dot.
9. Between each Light Sapphire dot, add smaller, Light Blue Spruce dots around the heart border. Let dry.